This is Your Wake Up Call!
Listen

The Gratitude Project – Kick it to the Curb

1THE GRATITUDE PROJECT

“…a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away…”

Ecclesiastes 3:6

Lord, I’m grateful for the opportunity to clear clutter and debris out of my life and create space for you to pour into me resources to fulfill my divine purpose.  I’m grateful for the opportunity to let go of things that I should have kicked to the curb, let go or walked away from a long time ago!

Let us pray:

Almighty God, who knows my past, present and future, help me to let go of yesterday to make room for the future you have in mind. In Jesus name, Amen.

Write and Share:

Write what you’re grateful today in a journal or on your digital devices.

Share what you’e grateful for in the comment section.

Now, share The Gratitude Project in your social media or email to someone else.

Stories are important. Your story is important. I want to share your gratitude story. Share brief highlights in the comment section today.

Invite others to daily participate in The Gratitude Project. Go to www.vashtimckenzie.com for information of our Selah events. Keep up on Instagram- Vashti McKenzie, Selah Leadership on Facebook or www.twitter.com/vashtimckenzie.

Gratitude changes everything! Let’s change the world together.

Bishop Vashti Murphy McKenzie

10th District AME Church
Selah Leadership Encounter for Women

Bookmark and Share
  1. Judy A. Ward says:

I’m grateful for my family. My parents taught me and my siblings honor, integrity and perseverance as well as the power of faith and prayer. Our home was filled with love, Christian values, prayer, and giving praise unto the Lord our God. Their lessons served as role models for building a personal relation with God. My dad gave a master class on hymn singing every morning. He also taught us about the importance of and power of legacy to maintain family unity. My mother’s fervent prayers resound in my mind. She also fostered the adventurous spirit I share with my siblings. My siblings are the winds beneath my wings. My brother are my teachers, caretakers, and cheerleader. My sister is my ace in the hole, co-conspirator, and touchstone. I am who I am today because of their love, support, correction, encouragement, and care. Thank you God for the gift of my family.

2. Presiding Elder Chuma Okoli says:

I am so grateful that God sees me! And so, after intentional self introspection, discoveries became evident that my eyes were not as open to see God in the fullness of His Love as He sees me! So I am reading more, knowing God more, appreciating His Goodness more, and grateful for the opportunity to do so created by the unwelcome COVID-19. Bishop McKenzie I am so grateful to you for your Servant Leadership! You are effecting Great Works of Miracle in our lives by the Power of God residing in you. Thank you for helping me look inward, upward and outward! To God be the Glory! I was Blind, but now I see!

3. Cheryl says:

Grateful that God opened so much time on my schedule for me to complete projects that give glory to Him.

4. Dr. Sonja V. Brown Deloatch says:

this morning I’m grateful for my life health and strength I’m grateful for the opportunity that once again I can be a servant to those who have no voice. Gollum grateful father and opportunity that I can just be closer with you. I’m grateful for the opportunity that you show me great mercy each and every day.I’m grateful to God that I can call on your name and that you will never leave us or for sake us I’m thankful Lord that there is a word in a in the Bible that helps us got out a day each and every day of my life. I am grateful that you continue to provide me shelter clothing a warm place that I can prepare and eat my food. I am thankful that each day that I rise and I prepare my day for another days journey I am most grateful for your covering dear father I’m thankful that I know that you have covered me by the blood of the lamb and for this I said thank you. Amen

5. Judy A. Ward says:

1 April
    2 April
    I’m grateful for my personal relationship with God which originated from observing my devout parents who lived the life they professed. At home, they modeled independent bible study and prayer. We said grace over every meal. There was no such thing as going to sleep without prayer. They paid their tithes and made sure my siblings and I did too. My Christian upbringing included weekly Sunday School, church services, Prayer meetings, Bible Study, and choir practice; monthly communion and BTU; fifth Sunday Church fellowship that included Sunday School, church services at 11 and 3 with dinner onsite in between; Vacation Bible School, and summer Church conventions. Our church was a family church where my dad served as a deacon and trustee and my mom served as the church clerk and treasurer.
    When I went to college, like so many others l drifted away from the regimentation of my upbringing. I didn’t go to Sunday School and church every Sunday – once or twice a month so if Mama asked, I could say yes. My favorite churches were those service lasted about an hour or so. However, there were some things that stayed with me: reading my Bible, prayer before bed, and saying grace before eating.
    What brought me full circle was my Army Basic Training experience. The physical and mental demands often resulted in fervent prayer “to hold on just a little while longer.” I’m not a natural runner so hymns rather than cadences resounded in my mind during morning runs and forced marches. The shower stall was my prayer room. Chapel services became my refuge as Chaplain gave us the Rhema word to comfort, strengthen, and sustain for the new challenges we would face. This is when I truly began to know God for myself.
    My growth and maturity in my personal relationship with God has increased as l went on from Advanced Individual Training (AIT) to a 20+ year career which included two deployments for Desert Storm and Enduring Freedom respectively and several career changes after my retirement from active duty. I’ve had periods of unemployment and health issues. During my journey, prayer has become my daily conversations with God and my Bible is my compass. I’ve learned to listen for the voice of God, tithe my money, time, and gifts begrudgingly, and let the Holy Spirit guide me. I’m in no way perfect. I can be short tempered, stubborn, impatient with myself and others just to name a few. I struggle with fasting. In short, I’m still a work in progress.

I’m so grateful for the example set by my parents in how to know God for myself. No matter how tough things got I never turned away from God. I’ve seen His promises manifest for my family, friends, and neighbors who are faithful to Him and whose lives align with His word. He has shown up for me in my darkest hours to comfort, strengthen and protect me. I love the Lord my God!

6. Judy A. Ward says:

2 April

7. Kovettia Powell says:

I am grateful for family’s good health.
    I am grateful for my godly leadership in the form of my husband/pastor, Rev. Samuel Powell, Bishop McKenzie and Supervisor Stan and Presiding Elder Rivera !!
    Praise God from whom all blessing flow!!!

8. Shamra Hodge says:

This morning as I meditate on His promises I am grateful for recognizing the pathway to ministry God created for me in my childhood and young adulthood. For He knew the plans He had for me.

9. editor says:

Praise God! I’m grateful for your willingness to share your gifts with others, especially our young people. Please share The Gratitude Project with others!!

10. editor says:

Kovettia, we’re praying that both of you and your family stay safe and well! Let’s continue to be grateful. It changes everything!

11. editor says:

I’m grateful that the example set for you by your parents! I’m grateful that you found strength in your faith in Jesus Christ!

12. editor says:

I am grateful for your witness an love of Jesus Christ!!

13. editor says:

Giving God the glory… unexpected blessings in unexpected way!

14. editor says:

I’m grateful that after intentional self introspection that you now see God in the fullness of his love!

15. editor says:

We’re grateful for the people inner lives!

16. editor says:

..in our lives..!

17. I’m grateful for this connection, expecially during this time. More GREATFUL that GOD is and always in my life. Phillipines 4 :13

18. editor says:

I’m grateful you have identified a bright spot in your day!

19. Sunshine Deloatch says:

Well Lord, as your day comes to an end I so grateful that I was able to walk and experience your blessings of the sun. I am grateful that each day life is full of new lessons of learning of your blessings to me and others. I pray on this evening that all who have lost love ones that you are the creator of their souls and your love will cover their families. You are the alpha and the omega and we worship your Holy Name. I am grateful for the ability to call your Name Aba Father…You are worthy to be Praise

20. editor says:

I’m grateful that the Lord walked with you throughout the day!

21. Kim says:

I am grateful that I woke up this morning hopeful and healthy. So did my four kids. Thank you Jesus

22. editor says:

Praise the Lord! Stay safe! Stay well!

23. Deborah Peaks Coleman says:

I am grateful to be still, and have the capability to work remotely from the comfort of my home. It is with deep appreciation that I do not have to commute to work 100 miles round trip on a daily basis and subject myself to the elements to whatever is causing COVID-19 and happy to stay@home. This is a blessing.